教学对股票 & 包容
We work and teach on a campus populated by diverse students who experience our courses differently, based in part on their previous educational experiences, individual backgrounds and perspectives, 能力, and social identities.
Our students bring useful and varied knowledge and 技能, 弹性, and openness to engaging with new content and respectfully learning alongside others. 在不同程度, they may also be affected by the legacies of historic and systemic inequalities, 种族歧视, unequal access to resources, biases and stereotypes, and discriminatory and/or painful actions by others.
Some of the factors that affect our students are beyond our control, but there are meaningful actions we can take to promote equity and inclusion in our teaching.
Instructors who teach for equity and inclusion intentionally create learning environments where all students are treated equitably, so that all students have equal access to learning, and feel valued and supported in their learning. 包容 means that all students feel invited to explore ideas, safe to express their views in a civil manner, and respected as individuals and members of groups.
在伦, all community members share responsibility for inclusive excellence. Research demonstrates that inclusive and equitable classrooms can support rigorous academic work and deep learning. It also suggests there are many things faculty can do to help all students feel a sense of belonging and increase their chances for successful learning as we welcome, academically challenge, and support our students.
To support efforts to effectively teach for equity and inclusion, this CATL website encourages 指导ors to intentionally consider the five areas below, which are also linked in the left-hand menu.
- 银河游戏app是谁:银河游戏app的角色, 值, 假设, and identities affect our decisions about course content and pedagogy and our interactions with students. Considering these elements carefully can lead us to intentional, authentic, and effective teaching.
- 银河游戏app教: 课程 design involves many decisions about goals, 主题, and materials to help students understand the knowledge, 技能, 挑战, and trends in our discipline and field, with the goal of stimulating critical thinking and engagement.
- 银河游戏app教: Understanding the 挑战 and strengths that students bring to our courses increases our ability to engage, 指导, 建立融洽的关系, 和支持他们, thereby increasing their motivation and capacity for learning.
- 银河游戏app如何教: We enact our goals, 值, and commitments through day-to-day teaching strategies that can help us create a productive classroom environment, get off to a good start, set policies and course norms, handle difficult moments, and even determine 不要做什么.
- 银河游戏app如何评估: Research informs us about methods for assessment and transparent assignment design that help level the playing field as well as practices to increase consistency, 公平, and student trust in our grading.
或下载 Inclusive 教学 Guide from Columbia University.
The purpose of this website is to provide resources to faculty members about teaching for equity and inclusion. It is an evolving site and suggestions are appreciated.
Do you have information to contribute or feedback on the site? 请于 firstname.lastname@example.org.