The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) unifies data privacy laws across the European Union, gives individuals control over their personal data and protects their privacy. It extends the scope of EU data protection law to all international enterprises processing the data of EU citizens, wherever citizens may reside. To that extent, Elon University is committed to complying with the GDPR guidelines.
This form can be used to notify Elon’s Data Protection Officer should you need to request any of the following:
- Right to be Forgotten; EU citizens have the right to have personal data erased. The right only applies to data held at the time this request is received. It does not apply to data that may be created in the future.
- Right to Information; EU citizens have the right to know what personal data is being kept about them, including how it is being used and how long Elon plans to store their information.
- Right to Access; EU Citizens have the right to request a copy of any of their personal data which are being ‘processed’
- Right to Rectification; EU Citizens have the right to view and update their personal information for accuracy and completeness.
- Right to Withdraw Consent; EU Citizens have the right to withdraw their consent on how Elon uses their personal data
- Right to Object; EU citizens have the right to request Elon stop processing their data.
- Right for Data Portability; EU citizens have the right to request their personal data be sent in a commonly readable format (e.g. a spreadsheet) either to them or to a third party they designate.