校园安全与警务 offers patrol, 预防犯罪, 安保人员, and support to all members of the Elon community. Our department is committed to providing excellent police protection and fostering a secure atmosphere on Elon’s campus. Our mission is to ensure that Elon’s campus is safe and enjoyable for all who live, 研究, 和在这里工作.
In our community, we uphold these principles:
- All people should be treated with dignity and respect.
- 办公室rs must strive to earn the community’s trust by the manner in which they conduct themselves.
- The life, human rights, and property of all people must be protected.
- An open exchange of information and ideas benefits both our department and the University community.
- 伦大学 and each member of the department must support the mission for it to be accomplished.
- Our department should strive to be progressive, receptive and innovative in the performance of our duties.
The 伦大学 警察 Department (EUPD) follows an essentially 务实的 哲学的治安. 因此, the 警察 Department takes a practical approach, utilizing a variety of proven law enforcement techniques, to respond to the problems of crime and 障碍 in the community. The 警察 Department’s philosophy is informed by not only one, but several theories of policing combining the most effective elements of each to form a unified policing strategy.
International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
The International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA) advances public safety for educational institutions by providing training, 研究, 宣传, 认证, education and professional services. IACLEA is the leading authority for campus public safety.
IACLEA Accreditation signifies an agency’s ongoing commitment to excellent, state-of-the-art performance in every aspect of its operations. Accredited agencies demonstrate to their personnel, 校园社区, and outside experts their professionalism and mission focus.
In 2018, Elon received IACLEA Accreditation joining 62 other institutions nationwide. These include East Carolina University, NC州立大学, and Wake Forest University within the state of North Carolina.
警察 service delivery tactics are based upon the identification and solving of crime, 障碍, and social problems in the community:
- EUPD actively identifies key problems in the community as the basis for the on-going proactive delivery of police services.
- EUPD seeks an in-depth understanding of problems and their causes as the basis for crafting specific tactics.
- EUPD actively seeks partnerships with other University Departments and community agencies as a means of solving crime and 障碍 problems, as well as providing education and outreach services.
- Solving crime and 障碍 problems is an important measure of police effectiveness at 伦大学.
We encourage all 伦大学 community members to download the LiveSafe App. LiveSafe gives users two-way communication direct to 校园安全 & 警察. 学生 and employees can share information anonymously (if desired) through text, 照片, or video directly from their smart phones. 另外, app users can receive important broadcast notifications sent by the 校园安全与警务. With a built-in SafeWalk feature, students also will be able to invite others to “virtually escort” them by monitoring their location on a map.
The university sends urgent news to cell phones. Once you sign up for E-Alert – the university’s primary source for campus crisis information and the most important service for which to register – Elon can text your cell phone and email you timely information about emergencies, 课程取消, and inclement weather information.
伦大学 provides a special training video related to the threat of an active shooter on campus.
View the Shots Fired On Campus video
(Elon university login required – use your Elon email username and password).
(This video was not created by 伦大学. We own no rights to this video. This video was produced by the City of Houston, TX and the Department of 首页land Security.)